Finding the best helmet can be challenging, especially when you are tight on a budget like under $200. Well, no worries, I have got figured out.
Helmets being one of them is the most important one, protects the riders from the fatal head and spinal injuries (Head and spinal cords are one of the vital parts of the human body). Thus, a good helmet is a must.
But there are so many options to choose from; it can be overwhelming. Browsing the glossy websites full of thousands of beautifully presented helmets can be tiresome.
Well, we are here to make things easy for you. After comprehensive and thorough research of the market, we have carefully assembled the most efficient and convenient helmets sleek in style and offer robust protection, under the budget of $200.
In this article, I have chosen over ten motorcycle helmets under $200 that you can consider buying.
Best Motorcycle Helmets Under $200 list
10 Best Motorcycle Helmets Under $200
The new edition of the well-favored R-series by Scorpions making quite a name of itself in the market right now. Proclaimed as one of the best value helmets within the fiberglass category, it is right to its claim.
- Equipped with a TriMatrix shell (Blend of interlaced fiberglass and aramid fibers), the helmet is very lightweight.
- The Ever Clear No Fog face shield provides optically clear visibility, is coated with anti-scratch hardening, and protects from harmful UV rays.
- Aero-Tuned ventilation offers swift regulation of air inflow and outflow.
- Advanced EPS, multi-layer EPS reduces energy transfer during impact and protects the rider from the accident.
- KwickWick II, the second-generation moisture-wicking lining material, is soft and delicate to touch, and its anti-microbial property is really good.
- Ellip-Tec Ratchet System ensures quietness inside the helmet.
This is the ultimate comfort king for this budget range.VemarSharki, a right modular helmet. The combined benefits of the full-face helmets and open face helmets without compromise on safety and price is genuinely remarkable.
- Meets DOT and ECE
- Flexible Modular design ensures easy opening and closing of the chin bar.
- Subtle sporty look with unique graphic packages.
- VemarKilma System (KVS) ensures swift airflow and cooling.
- Bluetooth headsets can be easily installed.
- The lining is superbly finished and is removable for cleaning.
- The visual field is enlarged for limitless peripheral and vertical vision.
- Shell is made up of Reinforced Tetra polymer (R-3P).
Scratch-resistant shield, visor also supports Pinlock and Max vision lenses
Designed with convenience in mind, HJC IS-MAX II is a great helmet with a superior fit and full of many exciting features.
- Meets or exceeds DOT
- They are made up of an advanced polycarbonate composite shell with an adjustable polycarbonate chin bar.
- Lightweight with a superior snug fit and very comfortable due to advanced cad technology.
- It provides 95% UV rays protection and is equipped with an optically advanced Pinlock face shield.
- Detachable and washable liner and cheek pads.
- ”ACS’ (Advanced Channeling Ventilation System)helps regulate airflow and maintains the optimal temperature inside the helmet.
- Moisture-wicking material is super cool and antibacterial.
- ShieldReplacement system is easy due to the presence of QuickSlideandTool less Technology.
- The Chin bar or Face shield release is a single button and one-handed.
- Single-touch integrated Sun shield (HJ-V5).
- Comes with smoke tinted triple-stage adjustable Sun shield with an easy and quick locking mechanism.
If you want the bike helmet, which provides extraordinary performance at a low price, then the stylish Bell Qualifier is the best option for you.
- Polycarbonate/ABS shell construction, so it is very lightweight.
- The shield is Scratch proof and UV-Protected.
- Three Shell Sizes.
- NutraFog II technology provides adequate protection against the fog.
- Comes with ClickRelease Shield ensuring quick, easy, and tool-free shield replacement.
- Padded Wind Collar diminishes the wind and road noises while traveling.
- Contoured Cheek Pads for superb fit and supreme comfort.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation System with FlowAdjustguarantees optimal air circulation inside the helmet.
- Anti- Microbial liner inhibits the growth of microbes.
- Equipped with Integrated Speaker Pockets.
5.GDM Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Ghost Mark II
If smart is the new sexy, you will never run out of sexiness with this helmet. The helmet that suits the 21st Century embedded with the useful technological features, GDM Bluetooth Ghost Mark II is an excellent investment.
- DOT approved.
- Detachable Liner and Cheek pads for cleaning. Ensure a good fit and comfort.
- Advanced Lightweight Composite Poly-Alloy Shell keeps weight to a minimum and protection to a maximum.
- Five ventilation points maintain ideal air inflow and outflow inside the helmet.
- With the new Bluetooth 4.1 Technology comes the single button control for GPS Navigation Audio, FM Radio, (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) Music, Answering, and Rejecting Calls, Hands-Free Calling and answering.
- Includes double D-Ring Chin Strap.
- Comes with a fully charged battery capable of 12 hours of Talk Time and 110 hours of Standby.
Also Visit: Best Motorcycle Helmets Under $100
AGV K-3 SV is the right amalgamation of sophisticated style, comfort, aerodynamics, and safety. It is the first choice of young riders pining for that sporty, racer-like appearance in the helmet.
- Meets DOT Standard.
- Great aerodynamic shell shape and features rear spoiler to minimize turbulence.
- PVS (Perimetrical Visor Seal) guarantees minimal wind noise and disturbances out on any road.
- Consists of a Double D-ring Chin Strap.
- Scratch Resistant, Anti Fog, and 100% UV rays protected Polycarbonate Visor.
- Well Designed Ventilation system with four vents.
- The shield Replacement system is QuickSlide and Tool-less, so it is effortless to replace face shields.
- Washable and removable inner liners made up of Dry-Comfort Fabrics.
The helmet was designed for dedicated riders. Built by the LS2 Company, taking into consideration the suggestions of the riders, it is a genuinely amazing helmet with top-notch performance.
- Meets DOT standard, ECE standard, and also fulfills the criteria of California Air Resource Board (CARB).
- Shell is made up of High-Pressure Thermoplastic Technology (HTTP), which provides optimal protection.
- “A-Class” Polycarbonate visors with maximum impact resistance, UV resistant, and Scratch Proof.
- Optically correct 3D Face shield (Anti Fog) with Quick Release System.
- Dynamic Flow-Through Ventilation (Fully Adjustable) maintains optimal temperature with swift airflow inside the helmet.
- Optimum protection from sunrays with the Twin Shield System of LS2.
- Less wind noise.
- Removable and washable internal liner made up of breathable fiber that wicks moisture.
- They are equipped with Neck Roll and inner drop-down Sun Shield.
- 3D cut Cheek Pads ensure a superb fit and comfortable ride.
- Quick Release Strap and smooth Full Metal Latch System.
Bell went crazy with this helmet and made remarkable improvements to the retro-looking helmet, which will never go out of style. Bell Custom 500 offers a classic retro look with all the sophistication of modern design and TechnologyTechnology.
- A timeless helmet that will never go out of style.
- Meets or exceeds both DOT and ECE standards or certification.
- Thin-profile shell constructed with Fiberglass Composite.
- It offers five shells lined with EPS to ensure the perfect fit.
- The Interior is Anti-Bacterial, which inhibits the growth of Odour producing microbes inside the helmet.
- It is equipped with a Padded Chin Strap with Strap Keeper and Stainless steel D-Ring Closure.
- Has Multi-density EPS Liner, which ensures adequate protection in case of accidents.
The anti-claustrophobic design of this open face helmet provides sufficient room for stellar visibility, flexibility, and fresh air. The modern design and quality features are ideal for riders of any age group.
- Shell is made up of High-Pressure Thermoplastic Technology (HTTP), which provides excellent protection.
- Superior polycarbonate “A-Class” visors (Scratch and UV resistant) are built with a space-age polymer.
- The Interior is made up of Breathable, Hypoallergenic, Laser cut foam, which is Removable and Washable.
- The Twin Shield system is easy to operate due to the presence of a Quick Release System.
- Meets or exceeds both DOT and ECE standards or certification.
- Fulfills regulations imposed by the California Air Resource Board (CARB).
- Multi-Density EPS diminishes energy transfer during impacts and safeguards the rider.
- Great Ventilation system with channeled EPS and multiple vents.
A helmet built for the adventurers. It is a premium looking helmet which is very cheap considering its utility and rich features. It is a helmet with a great look and modern design that can withstand the forces of any rugged terrain.
- Meets DOT and ECE
- Meets FMVSS 218
- Innovative MVRS (Magnetic Visor Release System).
- Cheek Pads and Comfort liners are Removable and Washable to maintain freshness inside the helmet.
- Injection Molded Polycarbonate and ABS shell construction, so it is very lightweight.
- A cutting edge ventilation system With nine intake and four exhaust vents to ensure optimal airflow.
- Features 4 Shell sizes and 4 EPS sizes to ensure perfect, comfortable fit.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the safest helmet for motorcycles?
Bell Qualifier helmet is the safest helmet on our list. It is DOT approved. It is Scratch proof and UV-Protected. Similarly, it is very lightweight.
Why are motorcycle helmets so expensive?
Motorcycle helmets are so expensive because the material used in helmets directly depends on the price of the helmets. Similarly, TechnologyTechnology and research to make the helmets also play a vital role in the high cost of the helmets.
Among the ten reviewed motorcycle helmets, we believe that Fox Racing V1 Prizm Off-Road Motorcycle Helmet and GDM Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Ghost Mark II deserves the 1st position the best motorcycle helmets under $200. This product ranks as a runner up for the list. If you’re too tight on budget, then you can also prefer choosing.